My greatest dream is to retire from my job and be in ministry. Part 2 continued from last week.
It would be a great blessing for me to be supported by my book and blog. I’ve read all the books and blogs about making that happen, but I have to do what is right for me! Most bloggers are in their 20’s and 30’s so I don’t think I can just copy them and be successful. I have a different age group that I’m reaching. They don’t all go on the internet or Facebook. I have a few ideas that I may try. My first thing I’m doing to promote my free book is sending letters out to 500 churches.
Below you will find other ideas that I’m thinking and praying about doing.
- Sell products made by people I visit in other countries. That could be jewelry, pictures or crafts.
- Independent travel agent. Many companies such as Avoya train agents to work from home. This would give me a service to offer churches to help plan their mission trips.
- Raise support from my website via PayPal or GoFundMe. Many people have told me they want to give support to others to go but they don’t want to go themselves.
- Add affiliates to my website. I would sell other people’s products and make a commission.
- Work from home. As I meet other Christians that have blogs and/or businesses, I will look for opportunities they may have for me to work from home.
Those are a few of my ideas. I may do all of them. Please email me with your suggestions at email@example.com.
Getting an opportunity to join with In Motion Ministries!
I know as I am faithful and serve God and serve others, He will open opportunities for me. The first opportunity opening up is to train as a mission trip leader with In Motion Ministries. I’m planning to join them in October in Colorado for a weekend of leadership training. I’m excited and I’ll report back how that goes. This is very exciting to me to receive this training. Eventually I’ll be qualified to lead trips. You can visit them at inmotionministries.org.
Remember! My book will be FREE on Amazon October 17.
Sign up on my website for my email list. You will be sent the link for the free book on October 16 or 17.
I put my new blog posts up on Facebook. Please like my Facebook page and you’ll see when I post something new. My facebook page is facebook.com/travelwithpurpose55.com.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 New International Version (NIV)
9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships,in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Please pray for me as I go on this adventure with the Lord! Let’s see where HE takes Travel With Purpose.
I’ve included some of the resources that I used to write my book and start my blog.
To write my book, I used the following:
- Published and Book Launch. Both ebooks from Chandler Bolt. He also sells a writing course. You can find his books on Amazon.
- Loose Cannon. Steve formatted my book for an ebook for Amazon and for print. You can find him online at http://loose-cannon.com.
- Abby Lawson. She is the owner of Just a Girl and Her Blog. Great resources. I bought her Book Boss course to help me with my book. You can find her at justagirlandherblog.com.
To setup and start my blog, I used the following:
- I’m using GoDaddy to host my site and domain name.
- My platform in which I built my website and blog is WordPress.org. Don’t get confused with WordPress.com. The .org one is recommended over the .com one because you can self host your site. I used Restored316.com for my child theme that goes along with the Word press.
- Abby Lawson again from Just a Girl and Her Blog. She has an excellent blogging course, Building a Framework. She explains it all.
- Gali Designs. Lise Galipeau has been very helpful with my website. She knows word press very well and can help you with almost anything. I would try to work on my website and then she would fix it! Thanks Lise! you can find her at galidesigns.com.
Those are the resources that helped me the most. I did use many others. They were all great!
Facebook sharing groups
I have joined 4 groups where you can share your blog posts and any news that you want to share. They are Christian sharing community groups. You can also ask questions. It’s a great way to meet others that are doing the same thing and support each other.
The Facebook groups:
- Christian Bloggers Mastermind
- Christian Bloggers Women unite
- Rise Up Writers Community
- HE called Her: Christian Women Called into Business & Ministry
Thanks for reading! I pray God will call you to fulfill your dreams and passions too!